Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Never To Late


There are some days when you just want to give up. There are sometimes when I think maybe, just maybe, it would be easier if I just did not care anymore. If I could just throw in the towel and start fresh. But then I have memories that keep me from it.

I have the memory of picking my sister up from the gas station, her battered, bruised and over tired. She was in great need of some TLC, without the ability to accept it from us. I remember reaching my hand back over my seat, squeezing her hand and turning up the radio as loud as I could without destroying our eardrums. I remember us singing along to a song I'd never really paid attention to before, as loud as we could muster, with tears streaming down my face.

Tonight while in the car, I was feeling like I could just not even possibly ever think about accepting anything more, enduring anything more then I have in my lifetime. I thought to myself, "There must be an end to all of this. There must be hope, there must be a light at the end of this tunnel. I can not let myself sit here and feel as if there is no hope any longer." And then I turned the station on the radio, and the song we sang that day was playing.

Things can never be the same, for my own sake. I can't jump in with both feet. But I am looking forward to the day when I feel able to trust enough to stick in my big toe and see what happens.

Thank you universe... I needed that reminder.

Song- Never Too Late- Hedley

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment